Dubai Technology Partners (DTP) and its affiliates and its customers (collectively, “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate and provide products and services through mobile and other applications, and develop software. We refer to these as “site(s),” “service(s),” or “our sites and services.”
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information where needed to use our sites and services, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, user account name, and password;
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers;
- Transaction Information, which may include information about how you interact with and use our sites and services, email, other communications, and applications;
- Geographic Location Information, but only if your device transmits location data and/or your IP address and you have activated a location-enabled site or service;
- Survey Datawhere needed for the functionality of certain services and generally includes survey questions and responses, and may allow you to import email addresses and names in order to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf;
- Access to Your Data, but only if you use certain services, interactive tools, or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services;
- Your Submissions, which generally includes information you voluntarily provide through free form text boxes, forums, document upload, or data retrieval or import;
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.
Other Information We Automatically Collect
We may collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
In addition, we may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal or contractual basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services;
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure;
- our contractual obligations to the owners of data accessed;
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our sites and services;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from your use of our services or any other contract entered into between you and us;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to meet contractual obligations;
- to send you airport technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications;
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites;
- to understand and analyse trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behaviour;
- to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, such services include maintenance, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, email and text message distribution, customer service, and surveys;
- when you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through our sites and services, purchase a product or service, or otherwise submit a request through our sites and services, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the products or services you requested, or complete a transaction,
- where necessary to operate our sites and services, your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally;
We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Non-personal information may be shared with our partners who referred you to our site(s) and who may use the data for their market research and measurement purpose.
If you have questions about your options, please fill out our privacy contact form. Protecting your privacy and security is important and we also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access to your data.
Storing Personal Information
Protecting Personal Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of the information we collect, we deploy a wide range of technical, physical, and administrative safeguards, including: Transport Layer Security (TLS), firewalls, system alerts, and other information system security technologies; and regular evaluation and enhancement of our information technology systems, facilities, and information collection, storage, and processing practices. We use reasonable and appropriate administrative, physical, technical, and data security procedures and controls to safeguard your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, misuse, and alteration.
It is important to remember, however, that no system can guarantee 100% security at all times. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of information stored on or transmitted to or from our services. We cannot assume responsibility or liability for unauthorized access to our servers and systems. When disclosing any personal or information, you should remain mindful of the fact that it is potentially accessible to the public and, consequently, can be collected and used by others without your consent. Accordingly, you should carefully consider if you want to submit sensitive information that you would not want disclosed to the public and should recognize that your use of the Internet and our sites and services is solely at your risk. You are ultimately responsible for maintaining the secrecy for all your personal information, including your protected health information. Except as provided in a Business Associate Agreement between us and a healthcare provider, we have no responsibility or liability to anyone for the security of your personal or protected health information transmitted via the Internet.
We are headquartered in the United Arab Emirates (UAE). Our sites and services are hosted and administrated in the United Arab Emirates. If you are located outside the UAE, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to, and stored in the United Arab Emirates and will be subject to United Arab Emirates law. The privacy and data protection laws of the United Arab Emirates may be different from the laws of your country of residence.
By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United Arab Emirates for processing and storage.
Airport data provided through the Application remains the confidential information of the airport entity who provides it and must not be shared or disclosed to unauthorised users.
“Confidential Information” means any information of a confidential nature relating to the activities and operation of the airport that is disclosed through the application.
For a period of two (2) years following disclosure of Confidential Information, the party receiving Confidential Information undertakes to protect the other party’s Confidential Information by using the same degree of care that it uses with respect to its own confidential information of a similar nature to avoid disclosure, publication or dissemination of such Confidential Information.
The obligation of confidentiality shall not apply to any information that: (i) is already in the possession of the receiving party without any obligation of confidentiality at the time the information was received from the disclosing party; (ii) is independently developed by the receiving party without reference to the Confidential Information of the disclosing party; (iii) is or becomes publicly available without breach of the Agreement; (iv) is rightfully received by the receiving party from a third party without an obligation of confidentiality; (v) is released for disclosure by the disclosing party with its written consent; or (vi) is required to be disclosed in accordance with a judicial or administrative decision, provided that the receiving party provides prompt information to the disclosing party and reasonably cooperates with the disclosing party to limit the disclosure and use of the Confidential Information.
The User acknowledges and agrees that DTP owns all intellectual property rights in the Application and any supporting Documentation. This agreement does not grant the airport, the User or any 3rd party any rights to, or in, patents, copyrights, database rights, trade secrets, trade names, trademarks (whether registered or unregistered), or any other rights or licences in respect of the Services or the Documentation.
This Agreement provides the User with a right to use only and does not include the right to:
(a) reverse engineer, disassemble, or decompile the Software Products or otherwise attempt to discover the source code or any trade secret related to the Software Products;
(b) alter any Software Product or its packaging; or
(c) modify, reproduce or make derivative works of the Software Products whether or not based in any part on software, technology or information provided to the User by DTP.